Week 2 Part A: Communication Between Business & Consumer

 I think communication between business and consumers though reviews has become easier and easier. It is now common to leave a Yelp or Google review after leaving a new restaurant or event. It is very generous of a consumer to take the time to leave a positive review. So many times the reviews that get pilled up are negative ones. People are quick to go onto Yelp or Google when they have a bad thought about the business. It's been nice to see the trend of leaving positive reviews. 

The first review my son has every left on Yelp was one for a Chinese restaurant we had visited several times in the past but on this occasion the waiter left a positive impact on my son and he wanted others to know. It was nice to get a response back from the restaurant saying, "Thank you." It meant a lot that the positive reviews was noticed and recognized. 

When I read reviews I also notice first the overall review rate. Weather its almost 5 stars meaning a few people left a negative review but mostly positive or it its a 3 star which would mean there are more negative than positive reviews. It definitely guilds me in the direction if I choose to visit that business. 

In my own business, I have been given one negative review from someone unknown with no name or picture. I responded to it openly, asking about what had happened so poorly and if they could reach out to us so we can make it right. I left our business phone number and email address. I never got a returned comment, email or call. I feel as if it was not a real customer but I will never know. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week 3 Part A: Aesthetics, Design, and Branding

Week 8 Part A: How to Expand Your Reach on Instagram by Using Hashtags